Friday, January 18, 2008

How Do You Like the Picture!

Hey everybody! Here's the picture. Hope you like it because I do.
I suggest you again to take some time and surf the net in search of comic strips. There are some good sites to visit and look for comic strips. One of my favorites is Garfield and Calvin and Hobbs (I'm not sure if that's the right spelling) but anyway, whichever you want as long as you get ideas about the American culture and come to understand idioms and special words and phrases.
Remember to start your 'fraseolario' or collection of phrases. Try to identify those 'chunks' of words that go together and have a special meaning. Once you have identified them write them down. Feel free to come to class and ask the meaning and use of those phrases. If you don't do that you're depriving yourselves of the opportunity to learn more.
The task for you all is to select a comic strip and comment why you liked it and what was that you learned from that comic strip, this could be a cultural issue, a special word, or phrase or whatever you find interesting.
Ok? Go to work!

6 comments:

marlenni said...

thanks teaher for you idea,I´m happy for my space in gmail,because I can have comunication with my friends and see your comments.

alejandra said...

hi teacher first of all greeatings and I think that this is a good idea for leave our comments, I prefer this way because I don't like to go to the sac because is very bored to be there
well I think that´s it bye

j3rRyM@I/I said...

Hey I´m missing in that picture, I want another picture but now with me. This is kind of cool ´cause some of my classmates have to practice their writting skill, even me, but also they have to practice their speech. Anyway, good idea "T"cher jaja XD.

(_.·´¯`·«¤j€®R¥ (v)åNn°¤»·´¯`·._)

DARKGIRL85 said...

hi everybody !!!

I hope this blog we help us to effort more when we have to write something, somethimes I think why to study more???

and when I need to write more or about differents topic in this moment is when I was discovered that I need more of me .

DARKGIRL85 said...

THE ARTICLE IS ABOUT HOME SCHOOLING I THINK ARE A SUBJECT VERY INTERESTING BECAUSE THE PEOPLE HAVE BEEN DIFERENT OPINIONS ,SOME PLEOPLE SAID “ FOR EVERY HOME SCHOOLING SUCCESS STORY ARE AN EQUAL NUMBER OF FAILURES” (PASSAGES PAG 17 JACK AND CHUCK SANDY)

SINCE THE SCHOOLIN HOME WAS BEGAN SOME PEOPLE THINK THAT IS BETTER BECAUSE IN THE PUBLIC SCHOOL ARE DANGEROUS PLACES IN ANY CASES ARE SUCCESSFUL THAT ROWENA AND BILLY



I THINK THE PUBLIC SCHOOL IS BETTER WE HELP US TO AFRONT THE LIFE BECAUSE COULD BE TO TEACH HOW SOCIALIZE, AND WE PREPARE US FOR THE REAL WORLD WE AFRONT PROBLEMS IN THE SCHOOL, I THINK THAT WON´T BE POSSIBLE IN THE HOME BECAUSE
IS A PLACE VERY COMFORTABLE AND THE PARENTS WILL BE LESS DEMANDING WITH THEIR CHILDRENS,FUTHERMORE IN THE PUBLIC SCHOOL HAVE MORE CULTURAL EVENTS AND DIFFERENTS WAYS FOR SOCIALIZE .WE ARE BETTER WHEN SOCIALIZE PROBLABLY THE PARENTS WILL WANT PROTECT AT THEIR CHILDREN BUT THE BEST WAY FOR DO IT IS AFRONT DAY TO DAY THE PROBLEMS OF THE REAL WORLD I GUESS THAT BECAUSE IF I DIDN´T HAVE PROBLEMS I DIDN´T KNOWN HOW TO RESOLVE THEM THE SCHOOL IS THE BEST PLACE BECAUSE I THINK ISN´T DANGEROUS I WAS IN A PUBLIC SCHOOL AND I THINK THAT.

DARKGIRL85 said...

HI DEAR TEACHER !!!

MY URL IS http://mayraaradillas.blogspot.com/


I´M MAYRA ARADILLAS